Saturday, January 18, 2020

It's Snowing Again

We knew the snow was coming for days. It's been quite the Winter in less snow, but the intense chill was not absent at all! We have been out into the snow and/or cold, and it felt like Winter but sure as heck did not look like a normal western New York winter at all!

After an absence of about a week the snow has returned. Sheila has just cooked a fabulous breakfast of broccoli, fried potatoes and sloppy eggs. After eating, I give her a break from the washing and she sits at the piano and starts playing. 

The moment is priceless! Seeing the heavy snowfall outside the windows, hearing her fingers dance over the piano keys, and the sound of the piano is sooooo calming.....

There is ni visual illustration to this scene I paint, but am hoping you can see it in your mind!

A dear longtime friend has lost her husband and friend of over forty years, and I hope these few words will comfort her.

I wish everyone in the world could hear this, and be here for this small treasured moment. It is indeed a moment I will remember for the rest of my life!

No comments: