Sunday, December 2, 2018

Still Looking back(wards)

Working on cleaning out my inbox of thousands of emails as I have been for many months now, I keep running into those sent emails with images! It's so thought-provoking to see these past moments of my Life now, and makes me sad yet proud of what I have seen and photographed. 

These are from 2015 and in San Francisco ~ where I was at the time ~ where "we" were to be one of the "lucky" areas of the USA to be able to see the Blood Moon eclipse then. We actually were not believing all that stuff about luck, as San Francisco gets a lot of clouds and fog, which was forecast for that day....  

I went to the piers that afternoon to await the sunset, and saw many with tripods and cameras, all waiting to see the eclipse. There was a huge cloud front that blocked the moon and any color of the blue sky, plus a bit of fog was present too. 

After the sunset, I turned around to see if there was anything I might be missing, and immediately noticed the cloud front had slipped away but still visible, and the moon had just popped out!! It was an eerie sight seeing a bloody moon, and I immediately started running to get a snap, while many other photographers were running around too, trying to get away from the many other photogs to get their unique shot!!
A September Blood Moon becomes visible in cloudy San Francisco!
Did YOU also see that Blood Moon of 2015?

No comments: