Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Front Door Window Glass Visitors

So, it seems today we have another visitor! It's a spider, which type I have NO idea, but I love to watch it from the other side of the glass of the front door. It seems to stop to watch ME also, as I can see that its front body has raised and its eyes are pointed down, if that can be done. I am just curious though as I hate insects of any type (but I think they are so cool), I can watch in this situation without having to go crazy with the insect world. 

Right now we have a medium-sized fly that's been annoying me a LOT, and I wish this spider would take care of my problem...

I grabbed my screen shattered smartphone, a SSG S5 and commenced snapping it while zoomed in a little. I know I lose a bit of sharpness, but otherwise I cannot get "close" enough to snap a pix, plus the phone camera refuses to focus when too close to ANY object. 

You'd think by now the smartphone companies would LEARN and add a macro/closeup mode by now, but they aren't that smart yet. I don't use the macro lens on my two bigger cameras because it's such a huge pain....   Heck, now that my S5 doesn't receive anymore system updates for the OS, every app does NOT function correctly. Even the camera system is a pain, and often I have to restart or clear the cache for something to function. I tell you this now: my NEXT smartphone will NOT be a samsung!

These are just a few of my many images, downloaded to my desktop so I can post here, and of course NO editing, retouching or cropping. This is all untouched territory here!!
No cropping here, this is the real mcCoy!
 I've seen and snapped quite a few spiders and other insects since living in WNY but this is the very first time I've posted any images like this to my blog.

In the image below, the spider has noticed me - actually I had already spent a few minutes watching it. On previous occasions, I've watched as it caught and ate a few insects of the winged type. Unfortunately, it shows no respect as it leaves insect remains sticking to my front door window glass. Yuck! 

It's already raised its head and it's looking at me. Well, not looking at me but at the big white rectangular object in front of me (the S5 in hand). I have used the smartphone flash on other times and the spider doesn't seem to be bothered by it.
It's noticed me again, and is curious about me as I am about it!
Now in this final picture below, it's looking at me again. Remember you can click on the image and it'll enlarge to be viewed bigger so you can see the details! Yup, as if you really wanted to see these details!! hahahahaaa
Look at those big black eyes!!!!

There is a big hydroplane boat race this weekend. Sheila and I will be there to snap a "few". I'll post some pixs after each day of the two day event. They'll be firing off fireworks also on Saturday, the first day, but not on the following day when it ends!

No comments: