Monday, November 12, 2018

Great Lakes activities

It's been cold and windy, as can be expected in these Great Lake areas, and where we are presently. Back in western New York (WNY), it gets cold and windy also, but it's nothing like a visit to a Lake Michigan park beach, and to be slapped in the face with chilling cold that will really wake up anyone!!

We had just arrived and walked to the beach where there were some great waves!! Sheila mentioned that the waves at that beach reminded her of seeing the Atlantic Ocean waves, huge on a very windy day! It was indeed windy but since I have seen huge waves in my life near waters of the world, it seemed those waves were small but still, it always feels good to be near water.

It was just a few minutes later that Sheila shouted out "Eagles" and pointed north. I looked up to see two large birds, and snapped a few. We didn't have our monsters on the cameras, but one could easily see the white head and tail. We are having an eagle of a month, with over 10 eagles seen now within the past few weeks!

Here is an image link to my images at fineartamerica, which feature quite a few western NY scenes

We stayed and froze a little bit longer till the sunset. We snapped pixs to our heart's content with the chilled wind on our faces, and the waves crashing onto the shore. The intense color quickly faded but it was one of the nicest sunsets we've been able to enjoy in over a week! Just days ago we experienced the first snowfall of the area, and brushed off almost two inches of snow from the car. We drove looking for Fall colors and snowfall, but the high winds of last week had already stripped most of the leaves, and instead just found white expanses of snow....  except for a leaf-print in the snow. I've been to many areas where snow is the norm, and I have never seen these ice cube sights ever...  have you?


On the other hand, I am porting my cell number over to a company offering very lost cost data for those on the move. I still have my old number which I've had since 2009 at least, with its various groups of numbers originating from the area code of Oregon, the area code of Sevilla, and lastly, using a very easy-to-remember combination of keypad presses. I've never been one remembering all the previous numbers I've been assigned, but this I've had for too many years but never forgotten since it's so easy to remember! If you know it, you've still got a means to call me! If you don't, no sweat as I make very few calls but also receive even fewer calls!

The only exception to this newest company is that I now have - for the first time ever - data on my Samsung S5! We use digimobil while in Spain, and they have been offer rollover-data for their data users! Why can't we have that in the USA? Unfortunately DigiMobil is not in the USA!

UPDATE: As you probably know, the image links in this post doesn't take you anywhere since those linked images are gone; I change out the various images I have on fineart every week. I apologize but you can always see other imagery I have displayed at redbubble

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really enjoy your blog and the beautiful photographs. I look forward to visiting often.