Wednesday, November 14, 2018

When will it ever stop?

The image at the end is of tonight's Waxing Crescent, 44% visible moon over western Michigan.

That image wasn't snapped with my "new" 77D but with a nikon replacement purchased earlier this year when my canon 70D was in and out of the repair shop. Yet again, my camera is sent in to the shop. This EOS 77D I now have, was one of the replacement options for my 70D which in the last few months, was in and out almost continuously after dying during a chilly night shot in Cordoba, EspaƱa earlier this year. Almost every digital canon eos camera I've owned since 2003 has been to the shop to be repaired or replaced (usually in those times, it was replaced at my own cost with another store-purchased camera). These days, it hasn't changed much when considering the December 2014 theft of my camera in San Francisco while it was in use. I replaced that stolen camera with another 70D months later. Not even a full year yet, that replacement camera was on its way to the shop already!

When my 70D went in and out of canon repair facilities after it snapped its "last image" in southern Spain in late February of this same year, and sent off to canon to be "repaired" (a purely relative and very subjective matter as far as I am concerned), within hours of returning to the states, and later resent back to canon four more times to be refixed, the last problem on the 70D was that which developed after they "fixed" it (again, but now displayed a parallax problem in which the recorded image displays an unlevel horizon); Well, it seems that after having this replacement camera since late June 2018, this 77D is now also suffering from the same parallax problem!!

So, I want to ask: Why is canon selling and replacing cameras that suffer so much from the people they have "repairing" their cameras, and why is there NO type of responsibility and accountability, and most of all: QUALITY CONTROL in their repair facilities?

All I have to ask is: if you are thinking of buying a canon, watch out.

I'll never buy a canon eos camera again after this current 77D is deemed UNusable and nonfunctional (which might be sooner than I think!).

Anyone want to take a look at my list of EOS lenses which may become available if I sell my cameras + lenses, if this poor workmanship, terrible repair "service" and negative quality control of work continues?

This UNcropped picture was snapped with a nikon P900 at max optical zoom handheld with stabilization off
settings: iso400 f/7.1 at 1/80th handheld 
fototaker's canon EOS lenses
In the future, should I sell my lenses and camera, these are up for grabs as is:
  Canon EFS 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS
  CANON EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6
  CANON EF 50MM f/1.4
  CANON EF 75-300 F4 III USM
  Canon 18-55 F/3.5-5.6
  CANON EF MACRO 50 F/2.5
  TAMRON 1.4x Teleconverter Model 140F-CA
  TAMRON 16-300 f/3.5-6.3 DiII VC PZD Macro
  TAMRON SP 150-600 USD Dii (the Monster!)

No comments: