Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Virtual negatives and moments of Another Life

Over the last months, though it seems an unending project, I've been going through my in and other boxes at my online webmail. It has a 15gig limit and I was then up to 12gigs of virtual newsletters, letters, conversations with friends new and old, and more. I've been wanting to do this forever, and finally put my mind to starting it, and continuing till it gets to a reasonable level. About the first of this month, I finally hit the LESS than 6gigs of virtual mail in my inbox! WoW!

I continue weeding it all out, archiving my newsletters as text files, and attached images all neatly organized into a folder named after the newsletter's subject theme. In the old days, I just deleted the newsletter (which I delightfully call Spams), after I had replied to any emailed comments.

These newsletters started way back in the old days of chunky huge heavy computers with hard drives heavier than a car, as I typed of events and activities I thought others would be interested in knowing about, then mailing it out to friends and family. It looked like a newspaper, complete with pictures and columns, a banner page and all!

I delighted in doing this, as I had been a navy journalist at one time. Of course, as I type more and more each day, I tired of the work and eventually began writing/typing all in lowercase. I never proofread anything and as it would be sent out, I'd see all sorts of errors and typos!

I remember while living in Germany and sending out delightful observations of my everyday Life in Bavaria, and when I went on a month-long trip from Spain to Sweden, I wrote daily of my scenes and sights captured by both my eyes and cameras!

I've enjoyed creating and sharing those newsletters, and though they may not be much in real content, I am hoping everyone enjoyed the images too!

When I recently remarried, I still sent out newsletters but now in a shared life with such a lovely lady, I have discovered there is little time to do some of the many things done previously, but then alone, I also stayed up to 2-3am each and every night, with a full daily schedule that kept me quite occupied from morning and till the wee hours of pre-dawn! Eventually, those newsletters went on pause mode as I maintained the everyday photography and its own daily work that devours a lot of hours, and every-week life.

These are images sent through a newsletter lost in my virtual shoe boxes of virtual dust and shadows, and I'll share these memories snapped years ago, forgotten but never archived, till now.

Hope you enjoy the memories, as much as I did in its creation waaay back then.

Seal Rock at sunset
Seal Rock and the Cliff House



Looking below and past the Golden Gate Bridge
to Point Bonita Lighthouse





No comments: