Thursday, February 9, 2023

Looking Back at West Coast Memories

 After so many centuries - I've always wanted to say that - I can accurately and honestly say as long as I have been behind a camera viewfinder, I've been trying to archive those image files! I haven't advanced too much in that endeavor though, and yes, I just create yet more self-inflicted work and it's already too much work!

It's not all work though, as I relish in so many great events, times and memories that I am seeing. It's so unfortunate that I have lost many of my negatives though, as I had trusted "friend" Zach Kunkle with a lot of my personal stuff and later abandoned all of this stuff which consisted of furniture, personal papers, many negative files, books, lots of 5x7 silver framed images (Black and White nudes), very expensive equipment including a Canon DSC520C camera body, my Lucky darkroom enlarger and associated darkroom stuff, and more, in a back yard shed in Lenoir, North Carolina a few years ago. 

Here's one image that was snapped back in San Francisco, and as usual I am just so amazed at what my camera has seen and recorded!


My cameras and I have been to a lot of places and seen a lot of stuff! I even remember a trip south to San Diego where I went for my Navy bootcamp, and to sightsee and do a few more things than I was able to do way back in the early 70s!

Reflective Balboa Park 
Hotel del Coronado
Coronado Bridge

No comments: