Tuesday, February 21, 2023

fototaker News and other Events

CBS is again airing the Champions League games so, as you can imagine as I type, I am enjoying watching the Liverpool vs Real Madrid game - and Liverpool has a first goal of the match already - BUT am so happy that CBS is airing these matches! They'll make gobs of dinero in viewers and establishments allowing their patrons to watch also. 

A decades long personal tradition is about to end. I've already shut down my various sites where I exhibit and sell my imagery; the attention I'm getting just does NOT warrant my spending hours sweating in summer, freezing in Winter, running after thieves who have my tripod and camera, etc. and standing many hours in one spot for that perfect sun angle, waiting for that great cloud cover, or that fabulous moment to finally arrive, creating the imagery I love snapping of many creative and natural scenes, plus the time spent in uploading it for your viewing pleasure. I appreciate all the views and viewers over the years via the many websites I've established.

I've also decided to hang up the rights to my digital age storefront name: fototaker.net. It's been my stage name for many years and decades. I thought of the name while living permanently in Spain, thence the "foto" and though a lot of americanos think "photo", it's never been and will never be, as my real love for capturing images got serious while I lived in Spain in the mid-70s and I had my Black and White darkroom, using the small but very capable and efficient Lucky enlarger that was lost in Lenoir, North Carolina last year or earlier, as I have NO idea exactly when Zach Kunkle abandoned my personal stuff he agreed to hold for me years ago. I'd just contacted him less than a year previous and he said then it was still NO problem; I just wish he would have mentioned any hardship he was having instead of just abandoning my stuff, but that's now history.

Liverpool is now 2-0 in the Champions League match!

So, my many current photo websites are gone at 500px, Fine Art America, and I am no longer active at Twitter nor LinkedIN. I just now just maintain a simple gallery for viewing, to remain my only remaining site. What am I doing with all my free time now? Just doing the same thing I've been doing since the late-90s: reviewing big old hard drives, too many other external hard drives and everything else containing my too many image files, in an effort to properly archive all my image files in an effective manner so that I can find an image quickly and effortlessly if needed. 

First Real Madrid goal! Hala Madrid! 2 - 1

If you'd like to view my sole remaining web gallery/portfolio, it's at https://fototakerrota.weebly.com. It's been updated a few times in the past months, revised with either photos or necessary information, so you can rest assured you're not looking at something archived or untouched since the last century. The stormpage website of my artistic nudes that helped put me in contact to find quite a few models who understood my camera's eye and vision while I lived in Spain, to continue my dream of the perfect artnude during my move back to the States at the end of 2006.

So, my fototaker.net remains for a few more months before it will end. I've had this domain for some decades and loved having this unique online name, being very sure someone else will quickly take it into their own use as I thought fototaker was unique, but have seen fototaker in use over the decades, and not under my name!! 

Otherwise, we are waiting for a Winter Ice Storm to arrive within a day, but it won't be anything like before. I still am however, waiting for a BiG WNY snow storm before April! 

I am so grateful, and sending out so many thanks to everyone who has visited my various websites over the years, and hoping you'll continue to enjoy my digital memories now and into the future as I continue to modify and hone my imagery, and how I display my art. 

I'm selling my EOS R5s with various short to long lenses, so if you're interested, just email me!

Real Madrid just scored another gol and eventually went on to win the match! Hala Madrid! 

No comments: